Introducing the NFP-6xxx
The sixth generation of flow processors packs 216 processing cores and 100 accelerators optimized for packet, flow, security and content processing in a single device. A series of patented architectural innovations combined with the Intel 22nm 3D Tri-Gate manufacturing process results in the industry’s first programmable 200 Gbps flow processor making the NFP-6xxx ideally suited for 100-400 Gbps intelligent line cards, advanced service blades, network appliances and virtualized server adapters.
NFP-6xxx Product Highlights
- 256 Gbps processing complex, featuring 120 flow processors, 96 packet processors and 960 threads, enables 384 million packets and 307 billion instructions per second.
- 100 hardware accelerators for deep packet inspection, regular expression matching, traffic management, packet I/O transfers, security processing and bulk cryptography.
- Optimized memory architecture with over 30 MB of on-chip storage and Proximity Memory provides ultra-high memory bandwidth and utilization, reducing memory latency and increasing processor efficiency.
- 50 Gbps security processing delivers wire-speed security without degrading data plane performance or requiring external out-of-band hardware coprocessors.
- 720 Gbps of I/O anchors high-bandwidth access to the chip, including 10G/40G/100G Ethernet with integrated MACs and 10G/40G/100G Interlaken.
For designers of communications equipment whose network processing requirements extend beyond simple forwarding, The NFP-32xx delivers high-performance packet processing with intelligence, security and virtualization for millions of simultaneous flows. Unlike network processors and multicore CPUs that lack L4-L7 programmability or cannot scale to 10 Gbps and beyond, the NFP-3xxx is powered by 40 programmable networking cores that deliver 2,000 instructions and 50 flow operations per packet at 30 million pps, enabling 20 Gbps of L2-L7 processing.