Netronome Systems, Inc. seeks a Principal Software Engineer to work in our Santa Clara, CA office and to lead the team of software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, debugging and support of high-performance embedded networking microcode written for a highly parallelized, multi-threaded, many-core hardware architecture, including microcode acceleration of Open vSwitch (OVS) by means of hardware offload of Linux Kernel flow classification, processing and caching, as well as other embedded systems software development. The candidate will participate in the design and implementation of new emerging networking standards in Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and OVS, as well as ensure that architecture meets functional requirements and performance goals. The candidate will implement design in microcode and verify performance requirements using realistic network traffic loads while working with industry experts to ensure compatibility with the appropriate standards bodies' specifications.
Must know (from any completed university-level coursework, seminars, workshops, or real-world, hands-on experience):
Send resume to J. Adams, Netronome Systems, 3159 Unionville Road, Suite 100, Cranberry Township, PA 16066.Apply Now
The QA Engineer's primary task is to perform white-box and blackbox testing of the company's hardware and software products. This individual will build test software to expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature levels.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, debugging, testing and support of high-performance networking software. Contributions to include embedded and/or system software development.
Netronome is a proud member of the Linux kernel community. We have participated in a number of exciting new efforts in the networking stack. Our kernel engineers are also participating in development of embedded products. Netronome is currently seeking Software Engineers. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, debugging, testing and support of high-performance networking software. Contributions to include embedded and/or system software development.
The Software Engineer will be expected to work with other software developers and hardware developers at Netronome to design and develop host code and associated drivers (for Netronome SmartNICs) for popular server operating systems e.g. Linux. Most, if not all of the code developed is expected to be submitted upstream to the Linux (or equivalent) kernel mailing lists. The Software Engineer will construct data structure and algorithms; write quality code; explore innovative technical solutions; test and debug code; contribute to feature definition and design; examine feature feasibility and estimate development time; work with team to meet deadlines. Performing any and all such other professional duties or tasks as may be required.
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience working with the upstream community
• Knowledge of major network protocols such as TCP, IP, HTTP, Ethernet, ARP, ICMP, UDP
• Very good understanding of Linux internals
• Experience with CPU and memory architectures
• Experience developing high quality C code
• Experience working on device drivers
• Knowledge of basic bash, Python
• Experience with upstreaming patches preferred
• Experience working with Linux networking stack preferred
• Experience with advanced networking knowledge preferred
• Experience working on Linux-based embedded systems preferred
• Compiler knowledge preferred
• Experience working with complex architectures and heterogeneous systems preferred
• Exposure to eBPF preferred
• Experience working with ARM architecture preferred
• Upstream work
• Flat management
• Appreciation for employee initiatives
• Attending conferencesApply Now