Webinar: Open Domain-Specific Accelerators: What Are They and Why Should They Matter to Cloud and Network Providers?
Dec 19, 2018 -
Join us on December 19 at 12:00 p.m. ET/9:00 a.m. PT for the webinar, "Open Domain-Specific Accelerators: What Are They and Why Should They Matter to Cloud and Network Providers?"
The end of Moore's Law will increase the use of domain-specific accelerators to meet power-performance requirements in cloud infrastructure, network infrastructure and IoT/wireless edge applications. However, the high cost and complexity of accelerator development is a major factor restraining growth. To meet current and future growth demands, network providers need a more efficient and open approach to satisfy the needs of a wide range of data center applications.
Netronome's Jim Finnegan, Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President of Silicon Engineering, and Heavy Reading Contributing Analyst, Simon Stanley, will answer the following questions throughout the webinar:
- How can cloud and network providers benefit from open domain-specific accelerators?
- What best-of-breed components such as processors, accelerators, memory and I/O will be addressed in the architecture? Would there be any limitations?
- What chiplet-based solutions can be supported today?
- What are the technical and business challenges related to chiplets?
- How can companies join and contribute to the ODSA Workgroup?